Check out music from Caroline Casey & the Stringslingers


Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm just not a one-man woman, I guess....

I'm such a cheater.

The "practice space" (read: eensy weensy, well-graffitied storage unit in East Austin with a run-down ice cream truck parked directly in front of the door) apparently didn't work out so well, Shannon told me. So, I must wait until we get the proper equipment to rehearse and then we'll hit up the old Music Lab. After I get back from Spain.


Speaking of, I need to hit up Music Lab twice a week or so until I leave. These songs ain't gonna learn theyselves. Where will I find the time and energy? I'll never know.



Today I found out (hooray!) that my hotel stay in Spain is taken care of, which leaves me free to put together a decent album and play a good show...and relax...and meander...and smell foreign breezes, hike on foreign lands, hear foreign tongues. One of those days I'm going to take a trip to see the Roman ruins. Other options are the Monastery of Montserrat, the La Sangrada Familia by Gaudi (although that may be altogether TOO Gaudi)...and maybe, just maybe, I will stand and finally be able to breathe deeply atop this mountain pass (The Bonaigua Pass):











But anyway, back to the way I cheat....


I knew this was going to happen. I'm all of a sudden full speed ahead on trying to get some more country shows around town for later in the summer. So much for my new "garagey" boyfriend. Although the sex is better...louder, meaner, more distorted, harder on my body...you get the point.


Tomorrow I'm going to to to Patsy's Cowgirl Cafe, although Monica, in her own stern little Monica way, strongly advises against ordering any food (JJ and his girlfriend got food poisoning from food that was already, apparently, distinctly unappetizing). But, the Stepsiders are playing and I'd like to see them do "I'm Not a Wino, I'm a Whiskey-O" one more time.



For better or worse, part of getting new gigs is going out to untried places and seeing shows--especially more venue-ally adventurous friends who let you "sit in." So that's my tomorrow night, and so far, I'm going alone.


Not that I have a problem with that.


The way I see it, I'm cheatin' on my new musical boyfriend while he's out of town, sure...but my old stand-by musical boyfriend will always be there to get me drunk, comfort me, and allow me to write more songs about how bad I'm cheatin'.

There's something to be said for that.

No comments: