Check out music from Caroline Casey & the Stringslingers


Friday, March 23, 2007

Musicologizin'

Musicologizin': (v., adj.) A social situation that often occurs when people who love and/or make music develop a tendency toward apologizin', theorizin', guilty-pleasurin', disguisin', and often despisin'. Discussion of this topic frequently breeds hatred or indifference in non-musical individuals (who of course, hate...or are indifferent).

Note: The term "musically challenged" does not apply here. Anyone who likes music enough to read about it isn't musically challenged, no matter how crappy a pan flute player they may be.

Welcome to my music blog, where I shall pontificate.

Warning: I frequently pontificate needlessly, peevishly, or gushingly to the point where I use way more adjectives and adverbs than is healthy. I may talk about Rosemary Clooney, Mitch Miller, the Dixie Chicks, the Who, Wesley Willis, Dead Moon, Toots and the Maytals, or Bad Religion. I'll talk trash about Ike Turner's doity girfriend from Jersey, and about how ridiculously overrated John Brickman or John Mayer is (among scads of others).

I'll talk about stealing Dwight Yoakam's phone number or making dirty sex toys with the Pietasters, out of a carving knife and a common household potato. I'll kvetch about how annoying it is to write for music magazines and berate myself for not doing enough of it. I'll whine, scoff, or bitch about promoters and the industry, or my constant ebb and flow of efforts to make music a permanent (and money-making) part of my life.


Lucky you.

No comments: